Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes.
You can cook Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 6-8 of Idaho potatoes sliced thinly or scalloped with skin on.
- You need 5 slices of bacon.
- It’s 6 tbs of butter.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 6 tbs of flour.
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of .
- You need 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 2 cups of Parmsean cheese.
- You need 1 of red onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 6 of green onions chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of parsley chopped.
Garlic Parmesean Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- In a saucepan, cook bacon..
- When bacon is done, remove bacon and bacon grease from saucepan and set aside..
- Melt butter in the same saucepan you just cooked the bacon in..
- Once butter has melted, add garlic and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Try not to brown too much..
- Stir flour in garlic butter mixture and cook for 1 minute..
- Whisk in milk and continue to whisk until there are no lumps..
- When sauce starts to thicken, crumble bacon and add with some of the bacon grease to the milk sauce. You can use all the bacon grease, but it is to your discretion. I only used half..
- Add the dry mustard, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper to sauce. Stir for another minute..
- Add all three cheeses and stir until all cheese have melted. Sauce should be thick by now..
- In a casserole dish, layer from bottom up: scalloped potatoes, red onion slices, cheese sauce mixture; scalloped potatoes, onion, cheese sauce mixture. If you can make another layer, go for it..
- Sprinkle top with chives, parsley, and a little more of each of the 3 cheeses..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is browned..
- Enjoy :).