Succotash. Succotash – a healthy and easy side dish that features summer's favorite fresh produce with a little touch of heat for flavor. A wholesome dish to go with your favorite grilled meat or a centerpiece for any. Succotash Recipe (What is Succotash?) Succotash is a simple dish thats celebrated best during the garden season in the South; the beautiful colors and fresh flavors are just perfect.
Photo: Victor Protasio; Food Styling: Tina Bell Stamos; Prop Styling. Succotash definition is – lima or shell beans and kernels of green corn cooked together. Examples of succotash in a Sentence. You can cook Succotash using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Succotash
- It’s 2 cups of lima beans.
- Prepare 2 cups of corn.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/8 pound of smoked bacon 2 slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water if not using canned corn and juices.
Recent Examples on the Web The Peppermill: Steakhouse + Cocktail An. Succotash Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Succotash is not southern at all! It is from the Narragansett Indians in Massachusetts.
- Cut the bacon up and fry till almost crispy just enough to harvest the drippings..
- Add all the rest of the ingredients first the lima beans..
- Then the corn and corn juices if using canned, use the water if not, and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Try making succotash with fresh, rather than frozen. Succotash. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This succotash is a creamy lima bean and corn mixture with sauteed onions, garlic, and bell pepper. Use frozen lima beans and fresh or frozen corn. 🎦 Succotash. See more ideas about Succotash recipe, Succotash, Lima bean recipes.