Pumpkin roll. Learn how to make a pumpkin roll with this classic pumpkin roll recipe! It's an easy Thanksgiving dessert to make ahead of time, it's filled with a heavenly cream cheese filling. This is the easiest pumpkin roll recipe I've ever made.
There's no fret with this pumpkin cake roll. With a few simple tips you'll have perfect swirls of cake and cream cheese filling that will have This is the most important step to get a beautiful pumpkin roll. This homemade pumpkin roll recipe yields a moist and soft spiced pumpkin cake with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting that's tightly packed inside. You can cook Pumpkin roll using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin roll
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cloves (ground).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of pumpkin purée.
- It’s of Nuts (optional).
- It’s of Filling—.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of package cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 6 tbs of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pumpkin spice (optional, I make my own, recipe in page).
- Prepare of Additional powdered sugar for Decor.
This Patterned Pumpkin Roll with a gorgeous autumn leaf decoration will be the star of your dessert table! A moist pumpkin cake is rolled around a pumpkin spice cream cheese filling. Pumpkin Roll is synonymous with Thanksgiving in my family, and I hope soon – in yours. This Pumpkin Roll recipe is easier than you think, and will make you a holiday dessert superstar.
Pumpkin roll instructions
- Beat eggs and sugar, and butter(mixer bowl) then add pumpkin..
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, etc..
- Then slowly mix into pumpkin mixture..
- Prepare a pan how you like (I parchment paper a pan, my largest cookie sheet—I use butter knifes to hold my paper down).
- Spread the batter, evenly. Bake on 375 13-15 minutes. (Of course when I spread the batter I remove the butter knifes).
- Gently and carefully ‘slide’ your paper onto counter top. (Or you can carefully, quickly, flip your ‘cake’ onto a powdered sugared towel).
- Then take the smaller edge, and begin to roll (while hot, to ‘train’ the piece to roll—immediately!! It will be hot!!!!).
- Allow to cool, while it is cooling you may mix your softened cream cheese, and vanilla and butter, then powdered sugar, and spice if you please..
- Unroll your COOLED pumpkin roll, then spread around the icing, leaving about a quarter inch space around all edges..
- Then re-roll, this time removing the parchment as you go..
- Chill at least 1hr before cutting and serving..
This is the World's Best Pumpkin Roll! It is a perfectly moist and tender thin pumpkin cake that gets rolled up with a sweet cream cheese filling and dusted with powdered sugar. This pumpkin roll recipe with the best cream cheese filling is a favorite you'll make year after year. It's easy to freeze and serve with my tips for how to roll a pumpkin roll successfully every time. This Pumpkin Roll is an easy, beautiful cake to make in the fall!