Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls. An easy dinner roll recipe needs to be in everyone's repertoire. Soft and fluffy, my dinner roll recipe is going to blow you away with it's pillowy texture and buttery flavor. My mom has been making this homemade dinner rolls recipe for years and they're absolutely divine.
Dinner rolls should always be on the menu. Nothing is better than fresh out of the oven homemade dinner rolls. Soft & fluffy dinner rolls are easy to make and made from scratch! You can cook Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls
- It’s 13 oz of (tap) Hot water.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 1 tbs of Brown sugar (or white).
- Prepare 3 1/2 of bread flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of sourdough starter or Discard + 2 tbs flour (optional).
Weigh the homemade dinner roll dough! In order to ensure that all your rolls are exactly the same size, so they baked I am a former chemistry teacher turned wife and mom of five beautiful babies! I'm a green smoothie addict, lover of. These dinner rolls are soft and practically melt in your mouth.
Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls instructions
- Add water sugar and yeast to a large mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly. Let bloom 3 mins for instant, 10 for active dry yeast..
- Optional Step – Add sourdough starter once mixture is cooled and mix well. Add 2 tbs additional flour to total flour..
- Add dry ingredients until well incorporated. Cover with plastic Proof 1 ½ hours in warm place, or in oven with light on..
- Turn out dough onto floured surface, coat with flour, shape into a large ball. Cut in half, then quarters, then eights = 8 Large rolls, cut each 8th in half for 16 Medium rolls, or cut each 8ths in 3s for 24 small rolls. Shape each piece into a ball on greased baking sheet. Cover with a tea towel, proof for 30 mins..
- Preheat oven to 450 while rolls are proofing..
- Optional Steps – Egg wash with 1 eggs yolk and 1 tbs water whisked brush the tops of the rolls. *OR* Brush melted butter on before baking. *OR* Garlic Butter. Score rolls in the center..
- Place separately on a cookie sheet for crispy rolls, place closer in a 13×9 for pull apart rolls. Bake @ 450 for 12-18 mins depending size and on how dark you want them..
- Optional Steps – Brush with melted butter or garlic butter before serving..
They are truly the most amazing dinner rolls ever. Just read all the rave reviews! To make these dinner rolls, simply… Warm the liquid ingredients. In a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, stir together the melted butter, water, milk, and honey. Rolls turned out as good as mom's.