Baked Salsa Verde Chicken recipe is made from scratch with simple ingredients. It’s one of those recipes that even the cook who may not like to cook will love to eat. The spices used in this recipe will have you salivating at every bite.
It takes just minutes to make and can be prepared in a week or less depending on the size of your family. Making this recipe takes only about ten minutes of your time, but it is truly satisfying and delicious.
Delicious Baked Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Pour salsa verde into a large baking dish. Brush chicken all over with oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Nestle chicken into salsa verde and bake until cooked through, 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and heat broiler. Top with cheese and broil until melty, 2 minutes.
- Squeeze lime over chicken and garnish with cilantro. Serve over rice.
What you’ll need in the preparation of this recipe are chicken thighs, a packet of taco seasoning, corn tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, oregano, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, melt the olive oil. When melted, add the chopped onion, and cook until translucent. While cooking, slowly add the spices, cover, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to an oven safe dish.
Once cool, cut into strips and then into thin strips, and add a little cheese at a time, so that it melts. Add some more sauce as you please, depending on how much you want to add, and enjoy this very easy to make Baked Salsa Verde Chicken recipe!
The Baked Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe will be a family favorite once you try it. Add some fresh cilantro, or lime juice to it to give it a more tangy taste, if you like. Enjoy this as a meal for the whole family, and let your taste buds experience all the flavors of the salsa! It is so good, you’ll be coming back for more!