Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs with Roasted Chicken is the perfect combination to begin the summer months. In addition to the tasty and flavorful chicken, it is a delightful way to enjoy springtime.
Roasting chicken has always been one of my favorite summer traditions. I love the feel and the aroma of it while it roasts.
Deliciously Crispy Skin Oven Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Prep Time 5 mins | Cook Time 30 mins | Total Time 35 mins
- 2 chicken thighs – do as many as you want
- 7:2:1 or 7:2:2 Seasoning – or kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F convection. Pat dry the chicken thighs.
- Prep a baking sheet. Line with aluminum foil, add a rack and give a heavy spray of PAM. If you don’t have a rack, you can still do this but it will not be as nice.
- Place thighs skin down and sprinkle lightly with the spices of your choice. I went with my homemade 7:2:2 seasoning. If you don’t have that then just a little salt and pepper to taste. A pinch of cayenne would be good also. Flip and tuck in any thin parts underneath and sprinkle skin side.
- With skin side up, bake until internal temp of 180 to 185°F. About 30 minutes of cooking time. Rest for 5 minutes or more before serving.
Recipe Notes – Pro Tips
- DO NOT SKIP THE PAT DRY or you will not have crispy skin.
- Trim off any trimmable fat.
- Get the thighs up on a rack to let the rendered fat drain. It also gets them out of the drained fat. You can do this without a rack but it is nicer with a rack.
- Cook at high temp and use a thermometer to be sure you get to 185°F. Do not guess. Thighs are safe to eat at 165°F but tender at 185°F.
- Options for other oven temperatures are in the blog post above.
- Spice as you want. I often add a touch of Cayenne.
- Scale to any amount you need.
- Skip the seasoning and brush with your favorite BBQ sauce the last 5 minutes to make great oven baked BBQ thighs.
- Always cook to a final internal temperature. Please, never by time alone.
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs is moist and flavorful. It is perfect for serving as an appetizer during any special occasion such as the end of the year party or just before or after dinner on the weekends.
This is my family’s favorite way to serve chicken when entertaining guests. I love to serve it as a part of a finger food party that will get everyone eating and wanting more. They also make a fantastic dessert for any occasion because they’re so tasty and have no calories.
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs is so good that they are great for everyone. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just having a meal for yourself, Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs will satisfy your every desire.
Not only is this recipe so delicious but so easy to make as well. Just toss everything together in the oven and pop it in the oven to cook for 15 minutes. The results are scrumptious and absolutely delicious. This dish will impress even the pickiest eater. This meal is sure to please.