For sunny, lazy days, I make a loaded macaroni salad that’s like three salads in one. The mix of fresh veggies, sweet peaches and crunchy pistachios is a surprisingly delicious combo.
Prep: 25 min. + chilling | Makes: 16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, mix chicken, peas, onions, celery, basil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drain macaroni; rinse with cold water, then drain again. Add to chicken mixture.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise and remaining lemon juice. Add to salad and mix well. Add peaches and cheeses; toss gently. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with pistachios before serving.