Caprese Stuffed Chicken. Chicken nuggets are a great, all-natural snack that many people love. So if you have never tried them before, why not try these easy chicken nuggets recipe?
There is no need to buy pre-made packages of these because the secret is to have some “dry” seasoning mixed in the batter so that the nuggets stick together instead of falling apart after cooking. Also you will want to add some salt and pepper to make these much more flavorful.
How to Make Caprese Stuffed Chicken Easy
- 1 1/2 c. baby spinach
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into half moons
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small bunch fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 to 6 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely. Transfer to a small baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil then season chicken all over with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stuff each breast with mozzarella, spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 25 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil then drizzle balsamic glaze on top.
A pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast should be enough for a good amount of chicken nuggets (this will also mean that you have to go through all the work of poaching and baking the chicken). You can also purchase a package of turkey breast, which is easy to cook and is also very tasty.
It is important to have the chicken breasts ready before you start cooking. For that you will want to purchase some fresh rolled oats. These can be purchased in the baking section of your grocery store. The ready rolled oats will make it easier to assemble the chicken when you bake it in the oven.
Stuffing the chicken and then adding the sauce are easy and all you need to do is to cook the chicken and then slice it into bite size pieces. Then you will simply add the contents of the stuffing to the chicken and cook it in the oven. After cooking the chicken for an hour you can add the sauce and broil until the sauce is browned.
This will give the nuggets that crispy, chewy coating that we love so much. You will want to add the cooked chicken back to the chicken mix and then add your peppers, onions, and jalapenos. Finally, top with your favorite toppings like cheese and sour cream and enjoy! So try these tasty chicken nuggets today!