Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe. It is quite simple to prepare Baked Chicken Thighs, you simply need to make the marinade and put the thighs in a pan. The marinade can be anything you like, some of my favorites are chicken broth, sweet pickle relish, sour cream, hot sauce, ranch dressing or even homemade jalapeno cream sauce.
The thighs can be kept in the refrigerator overnight so that’s how I have kept mine all winter. This can be a bit tedious, but once you get it down, it is all well worth it.
How to Make Baked Chicken Thighs Easy
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOK TIME 35 minutes | TOTAL TIME 45 minutes | SERVINGS 6 servings
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (approx. 5-6 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons chicken seasoning or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a pan with foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Dab chicken skin dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place on the rack and bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Broil 2-3 minutes to crisp if needed.
After marinating the chicken in the marinade, and cook them in a pan on medium heat for about 20 minutes per pound. When the thighs are done, remove them from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, then preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Once it is warm, coat the breasts with a layer of heavy cream cheese.
Using the brush, butterflied the outside of the breasts, then spread it around the chicken thighs. Broil the chicken for about a minute, then remove them and set aside to let cool. When they are cool, cut into thin slices. To serve, place chicken on a platter and top with coleslaw, shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and ranch dressing.
The marinade helps to give the chicken a really rich flavor. I use it on everything. Chicken, pork, even beef. It is so delicious, especially when it is served on a platter.
The rest of the steps are similar to how you make chicken breasts at home, although the cooking time is slightly longer because the baking time for chicken is slightly longer.